TenneSEIA (Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association) is the state affiliate for the national Solar Energy Industries Association, and represents the interest of the solar energy industry in Tennessee. The mission of TenneSEIA is to make solar energy a mainstream energy source and realize the full potential of the solar industry in Tennessee. The Association was officially kicked off at an event in Nashville on September 15th, 2010 and voted in it’s first Board of Directors on November 15th, 2010. It achieved the legal status of a 501C(6) business association on December 3rd, 2010.
Tennessee is well positioned to emerge as the national leader in the new energy economy, with the solar industry supply chain leading the way. Some exciting facts about the solar industry in Tennessee. In 2018 a recent report by the Tennessee Advanced Energy Council stated that Tennesse’s advanced energy sector contributed 39.7 billion to state GDP and employs 358,360 Tennesseans.
TenneSEIA is also an Associate Member of TVPPA (Tennessee Valley Public Power Association), a regional service organization that represents the interests of consumer-owned electric utilities operating within the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) service area.
2019 Board Of Directors
- MATT BEASLEY, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- CHRIS BOWLES, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
- MATT BROWN, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- FOREST FORSTER, First Solar
- JOHN KEMP, Core Solar LLC
- BLAIR KENDALL, Urban Grid
- CHRIS KOCZAJA, LightWave Solar
- JASON LOYET, Solar Site Design
- SCOTT NOETHEN, Appalachian Renewable Resources
- TYLER NORRIS, Cypress Creek
- KATIE SOUTHWORTH, EMV Energy
- KEITH GORDON, Vis Solis
GIL HOUGH, Executive Director
LUKE WILINSON, Adminsitrator