TenneSEIA (Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association) is the state affiliate for the national Solar Energy Industries Association, and represents the interest of the solar energy industry in Tennessee. The mission of TenneSEIA is to is to promote the development of solar energy and complementary technologies, including storage, positioning the Tennessee Valley’s residents and businesses as leaders in clean energy deployment and economic development.
The Association was officially kicked off at an event in Nashville on September 15th, 2010 and voted in it’s first Board of Directors on November 15th, 2010. It achieved the legal status of a 501C(6) business association on December 3rd, 2010.
Tennessee is well positioned to emerge as the national leader in the new energy economy, with the solar industry supply chain leading the way. Some exciting facts about the solar industry in Tennessee. In 2018 a recent report by the Tennessee Advanced Energy Council stated that Tennessee’s advanced energy sector contributed 39.7 billion to state GDP and employs 358,360 Tennesseans.
2020 Board Of Directors
- MATT BEASLEY, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- CHRIS BOWLES, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
- MATT BROWN, Silicon Ranch Corporation
- FOREST FORSTER, First Solar
- JOHN KEMP, Earth Right Energy
- BLAIR KENDALL, Urban Grid
- CHRIS KOCZAJA, LightWave Solar
- JASON LOYET, Solar Site Design
- SCOTT NOETHEN, Appalachian Renewable Resources
- TYLER NORRIS, Cypress Creek
- KATIE SOUTHWORTH, EMV Energy
- KEITH GORDON, Lodestone Legal Group
GIL HOUGH, Executive Director
LUKE WILINSON, Adminsitrator