Our mission is to promote the development of solar energy and complementary technologies, including storage, positioning the Tennessee Valley’s residents and businesses as leaders in clean energy deployment and economic development.
& Board Members
2023 Tennessee Valley Solar + Storage Conference + Storage
Registration on the Conference Page is OPEN!
This year we are in Chattanooga, TN on October 18th and 19th!
2022 Solar Champions
Nashville’s Metro Water Services
Since 2012, Metro Water Services has undertaken a series of energy conservation projects, saving customers approximately two million dollars annually. In 2018, they started looking at solar as a way to save money and reduce carbon emissions. The program they came up with has been a great success and will have big impacts on Tennessee’s solar industry.
Some highlights of the program are:
● Behind-the-meter energy offsets, utilizing existing property owned by Metro, including 2 brownfields
● Developed a novel lease structure for day-1 savings for the City of Nashville
● 1 solar facility is already operational and 2 more solar facilities are currently under construction, which will collectively produce 4 MW
● Additional solar facilities are being planned to produce an additional 6 MW
● Achieved the 1st Net-Zero Energy building in Nashville
Metro Water Services has been a tireless advocate for solar, going to bat over and over to promote clean energy in Nashville. Because of its success, the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County is developing 200 MW of distributed solar projects on rooftops, ground, and canopies, some of which are behind-the-meter, and some are in Generation Flexibility.