Our mission is to promote the development of solar energy and complementary technologies, including storage, positioning the Tennessee Valley’s residents and businesses as leaders in clean energy deployment and economic development.
& Board Members
2021 Tennessee Valley Solar Conference
SAVE THE DATE
The 2021 Tennessee Valley Solar Conference + Storage will be on October 13th, 2021
2020 Solar Champions
At the conclusion of the 2020 Tennessee Valley Solar Conference + Storage on October 7th, TenneSEIA announced its selection of TVA’s Chris Hansen and the Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) as winners of its 2020 Solar Champion Award. Both recipients were recognized for substantial contributions expanding solar in the region most recently through TVA’s Green Invest program, a renewable energy tariff that enables large customers to access renewable energy from new projects in the Valley.
As TVA’s Vice President of Origination and Renewables, Hansen was credited for his leadership role in the development of TVA’s portfolio of renewable options including the Green Invest program. His work with local power companies (LPCs) has helped them leverage low-cost solar energy to meet customer needs and recruit new business.
Just as Hansen was honored for his role in the development of the Green Invest program, KUB was recognized for participating in the program to secure 212 megawatts of new-to-the-grid solar power for its customers. KUB’s new investment in solar will generate an anticipated 465 million kilowatt-hours per year, an amount equal to approximately 8 percent of KUB’s annual electric load, the equivalent of powering 35,000 average homes.
2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
Rick Carson, was recently presented with the Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association (TenneSEIA) 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award.
This Award was presented to Rick during the Tennessee Valley Solar Conference + Storage on Oct. 7th. Among Ricks accomplishments in solar energy include:
- 2000 through 2008 -TVA Renewable Operations Program Manager
- Served as program manager for installation and O&M for the Buffalo Mountain Wind Farm and 16 solar photovoltaic power generation facilities for the Green Power Switch. Supported the educational component of the solar program by reviewing the lesson plans, the kiosk design and software, and the web page information.
- Installed small solar systems at numerous schools at no cost.
- Taught solar technology at Chattanooga State Community College. Established NACEP entry level testing for Chattanooga State Community College.
- Founded Total Quality Environmental with majority female employees. TQE installs residential solar systems throughout the Tennessee Valley area providing both online and off grid solar systems.