The Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association and its members recognize certain obligations to the general public, to their customers, to the solar industry and to related professions and industries. These obligations bind the members of the association to conduct business and promote their products and services in a manner which assures the public health, safety and welfare through careful design, installation, operation and maintenance of solar energy systems, while also contributing to the professional advancement of the Solar Energy Industry. To fulfill these obligations, members of TenneSEIA pledge to uphold the following principles:
• Members shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in the performance of their duties.
• Members shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees.
• Members shall maintain the highest ethical standards of advertising, selling, installation and service guided by the principals of honesty and integrity.
• Members shall avoid deceptive acts in the solicitation of solar work.
• Members, to the best of their ability and knowledge, shall install systems in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
• Members shall offer and honor clear, understandable warrantees that comply with all applicable state and federal regulations.
• Members shall not falsify or permit misrepresentation of their professional qualifications (license status, years in business, etc.) as a solar contractor.
• Members shall present honestly the capabilities, performance, and energy savings potential of solar products and systems.
• Members shall employ well-trained sales personnel to provide customers with up-to-date, understandable product information.
• Members shall quote realistic prices and completion dates, and absent any unforeseeable factors, shall strive to fulfill the estimates.
• Members shall not knowingly quote a project that does not meet solar and other applicable codes or knowingly present bids on work with the intent on profiting from change orders, (which is considered a significant deceptive practice).
• Members shall perform contracting services only in their area of expertise.
• Members shall not affix their signatures to any plans or documents dealing with subject matter in which they lack competency.
• Members shall be guided in all their professional relations by the highest standards of integrity.
• Members shall admit and accept their own errors when proven wrong and take appropriate action to correct the error.
• Members shall observe and foster the highest standard of safety and working conditions for employees.
• Members shall not attempt to injure, maliciously or falsely, directly or indirectly, the professional reputation and practices of other members, and not untruthfully criticize other members.
• Members shall actively participate in the training of skilled tradespeople for the future welfare of the solar energy industry.
• Members shall not attempt to attract an employee from another firm by false or misleading pretenses.
• Members shall endeavor to extend public knowledge and appreciation of solar energy systems, their achievements and effect on the environment and to protect the solar energy profession from misrepresentation and misunderstanding.
• Members shall avoid all practices which are likely to discredit the profession or deceive the public.
Email: Luke Wilkinson - Tel: 615.577.4611
Treasurer - PO Box 330478 Nashville TN 37203
150 3rd Ave. S, Ste 2000 Nashville TN 37201
Solar Energy Industry Association